Mastodon is a decentralized, open-source social network with a focus on privacy and security. It is based on the ActivityPub protocol, which allows for federation between different Mastodon instances. Mastodon is a free, open-source social network that anyone can run. It’s decentralized, meaning there is no central server that everyone has to connect to. This makes it very difficult for anyone to censor or shut down the network. Mastodon is also very privacy-focused. All data is stored locally on each user’s device, and there are no ads or tracking.
We will help you download the Mastodon for PC and install it fast. But you must know the technical specifications of it before that. Here are they:
Download & Install Mastodon on PC: Windows 11/10/8/7
Using the NOX app Player is a great way to download and install the Mastodon on your PC. All you have to do is, follow the steps below, install the Mastodon, and use it on the bigger screen of your computer:
- Step 1: You have to download the NOX player on your computer using the official link here.
- Step 2: You’ll install this great emulator from your computer and click on launch to start the interface.
- Step 3: Next step is to log into your Google account in the Play Store app that the NOX app player comes with.
- Step 4: To find the Mastodon, you have to search for it in Play Store after logging into the Play store account.
- Step 5: As you see, the Mastodon appears on the first result. Click on it and you’ll see the Install button to download it.
- Step 6: Download the Mastodon by clicking install. It will take a few minutes to get the app shortcut added to your homepage.
- Step 7: Start using the Mastodon on your computer by launching it using the app icon you can see on the NOX app player homepage.
|App Name:||Mastodon On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, December 6, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Mastodon ANDROID App Summary
Mastodon is the developer of the Mastodon, and they have the app under the Social of Google Play Store. The latest version of the Mastodon from them is 1.1.4 with over 1221094 users under the hood. With a 3.1 rating, the Mastodon is clearly a popular choice for users for the job it does.
Latest update date of the Mastodon is Tuesday, December 6, 2022, so you’ll find the latest features. However, you can’t just use the app directly on a computer, you need to use an Emulator to do so. Our recommendations for emulators are BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu Emulator.
Do you need a guide to download and install the Mastodon on your computer using an emulator? This article is all about helping you do just that! Stick to the guide below.
Mastodon App Overview and Details
Mastodon is the largest decentralized social network on the internet. Instead of a single website, it’s a network of millions of users in independent communities that can all interact with one another, seamlessly. No matter what you’re into, you can meet passionate people posting about it on Mastodon!
Join a community and create your profile. Find and and follow fascinating folks and read their posts in an ad-free, chronological timeline. Express yourself with custom emoji, images, GIFs, videos, and audio in 500-character posts. Reply to threads and reblog posts from anyone to share great stuff. Find new accounts to follow and trending hashtags to expand your network.
Mastodon is built with a focus on privacy and safety. Decide whether your posts are shared with your followers, just the people you mention, or the whole world. Content warnings let you hide posts containing sensitive or triggering material until you’re ready to engage with them. Each community has its own guidelines and moderators to keep its members safe, and robust blocking and reporting tools help prevent abuse.
• Dark Mode: Read posts in light, dark, or true black mode
• Polls: Ask followers for their opinion and tally the votes
• Explore: Trending hashtags and accounts are a tap away
• Notifications: Get notified about new follows, replies, and reblogs
• Sharing: Post directly to Mastodon from any share sheet in any app
• Cuteness: Our mascot is an adorable elephant, and you’ll see them pop up from time to time
Mastodon is a registered nonprofit and development is supported directly by your donations. There’s no advertising, no monetization, and no venture capital, and we plan to keep it that way.
Features of Mastodon for PC
1. No single website or server
3. Open source
4. Free and open source software
5. Social networking
6. Web 2.0
7. User-generated content
9. Activity streams
Whats New In this Mastodon?
– You can now edit your posts and view post edit history
– It now shows progress when uploading media, and lets you retry if it failed
– Long-tap the username on someone's profile to copy it to the clipboard!
– Profiles now show verified links
– New login screen makes it more obvious that it supports any domain
– Various fixes and improvements
Mastodon is a great application for anyone looking for a new way to communicate with friends and family. It is easy to use and has a variety of features that make it a great choice for anyone looking for a new way to stay in touch.
That’s it! We hope that the guide above has been a help for you to install it on your computer. Need to know more about the emulator or the Mastodon? Let us know!
Recent Mastodon Reviews
twitter für leute die “contenance” sagen und wanderschuhe besitzen
such a censorship
+1 star for adding edit posts. Still like to follow hashtags with it. Twitter refugee loving this community. The app is not bad but i wish: 1. Edit posts like i can in browser 2. Open all Mastodon links (to Mastodon content) in the app What I love: 1. Very easy to follow people on other instances, just click follow, do not need to specify instance, etc. 2. Just get on Mastodon however you do it. No ads, no user tracking, no algorithm.
This app is a good app for people trying to escape musk’s Twitter
I’m enjoying Mastodon so far, as, it’s fast and easy to navigatr. The only things I’d change are to add a ‘local’ icon to show only tweets on my server, and add translation to toots, then I’d give it 5 stars. 😊
Clean UI, but the app isn’t very intuitive.
Elon Musk’s Twitter is better yk..
rather underwhelming as many important features of mastodon are missing and no update in forever. but it looks good!!
Recently started crashing every time I try to add more than one image to a post. Really hoping this gets fixed.
Very limited. You can’t even socialise with 0.01% of the instance when the app limits the number of posts you can see in your local server to about a couple of hundred (or a lot less, I didn’t count exactly but you can finish scrolling in 3 minutes). It’s beautiful looking but it’s completely useless. Therefore 2 stars.
We refer the ownership of This Mastodon to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Mastodon and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Viral Apps Review, we also don’t use our own server to download the Mastodon. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Mastodon.
If you have any query about the app or about Viral Apps Review, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.